Weekend trip: Ptuj, Jeruzalem and wine (Slovenia)
Another beautiful weekend, another opportunity to explore Slovenia. This time around Ptuj and around. We sat in our tiny car after work, drove our cat to my mom and in less then 2 hours we were in Ptuj. The views on the way are so pretty this time around. Rapeseed is in full bloom and there are fields of bright yellow blossoms in view.
Ptuj weekend trip
Some time ago I was invited for a bloggers press trip to Terme Ptuj where I won a weekend at their hotel Grand Hotel Primus. So it was time to visit Ptuj and the surrounding wine country. If you love good food and wine, you will definitely enjoy it here.
- Ptuj: Check in hotel and straight to dinner event which was part of wine stories where wineries are presenting their wine. 6 course meal of delicious food, each paired with its wine. Full and a little tipsy we fell into fluffy bed.
- Wellness Valens Augusta: after buffet breakfast (Mic was really happy) we had some time just for us in a private wellness suite. There was even champaign and fresh fruit. Nothing beats bubbles at 10 a.m. 🙂
- Ptuj city: walk by the Drava river to the city with great views of Ptuj castle and the city. You can visit the castle (entrance fee: 5 eur) and its museum.
- Pullus wine cellar: walk around the old wine cellar with friendly guide Franc. Wine cellar is equipped with gentle sound and light effects that make you go couple of hundred years back. Grand finale – wine tasting, of course!
- Coffee in Muzikafe: Talk about plans for the next day.
- Sunset: Photographer’s most important part of the day 🙂 In my opinion it’s best to see the sunset from the bridge and get that beautiful river views. or you can do like we did. Bicycle like crazy to Ptuj castle and catch the sunset close to the castle’s tower.
- Dinner at Grand Hotel Primus and after-dinner pool relaxation.
- Next day: breakfast, check out and off to explore nearby towns.
- Sv. Tomaž: have a coffee by the lake and observe the beautiful views or try to catch a fish.
- Velika Nedelja: see the castle in this quiet town. It was Sunday when we visited so it was quiet and closed.
- Lunch: in a cute restaurant Taverna Jeruzalem with beautiful views over the vineyards (lunch for 11 eur).
- 15 min beauty sleep in the car on the restaurant’s parking. Well, it happens every time 🙂
- Coffee in Ormož and drive back home.
Costs of weekend trip to Ptuj and around
Gas: 30 eur
Sleep: 163 eur
Food: 30 eur
Extras: 10 eur (wine, coffee …)
Wine tour: 14 eur (7 eur/person)
Castle Ptuj entrance fee: 10 eur (5 eur/person)
Let us know if you tried Slovenian wines and what do you think 😉